Tuesday 15 May 2012

Question And Answers with JULIE KAGAWA

The lovely ladies at Mira Ink gave me the awesome opportunity to ask Julie Kagawa five questions on the back of the release of The Immortal Rules (Review HERE)
It was such a fantastic chance to be given and so after a lot of pondering these are the questions and answers we got.....


     1. As a fellow animal lover I know the horrid jobs we get - what is your least favourite?  (mine is the cat litter tray)
Fortunately, the hubby does that one (the litter box) for me. Apart from that, let’s just say that I have a long-haired dog and sometimes I have clean up the fur at the hind end of him. This is generally a task that requires scissors and copious amounts of paper towels, followed by a good hosing-off of everyone and everything involved

 2. If you could have dinner with 1 of your characters, which would you choose and why? 
Ash. I’m a sucker for the stoic, brooding, bad boy. And how can you turn down the whole heroic, sacrificing knight? Plus, think of all the money you could save on air conditioning…


3.      What do you do to find writing inspiration?
I find inspiration in manga and anime. I think the blend of action, humor, and tragedy that you can find in both makes for a very compelling story. I also find inspiration in video games, which give me both inspiration and needed down time.

 
4. What made you change from the world of animal care to writing?

It wasn’t really a change. I was always writing, even when I was working in the animal care / animal training space. When I got published, it became a time thing… in order to meet deadlines, I didn’t have time to keep trying to be a professional animal trainer. Since I have 4 (while 10 if you count the chickens) animals at home, I still get plenty of opportunities to train, care for, and (most importantly) play with all kinds of cute and fuzzy critters.

 
5. What’s your guilty pleasure? (in books, music, TV whatever?)
Video gaming is probably my biggest guilty pleasure (except that I don’t really feel guilty about playing them). I think modern video games are wonderful story-telling platforms with complex story lines that present the players with decisions that affect the world of the story. Final Fantasy X can still make me cry. I also get a kick out of games like The Sims that let you build worlds and control the characters within them (sounds a lot like writing, right?).


Huge Thanks to Julie for taking the time to answer my questions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment