Wednesday 7 September 2011

Books That Make Me Go Oooooh (13) Article 5 By Kristen Simmons

Waiting On Wednesday is a brilliant book blog feature hosted by Breaking The Spine

Article 5 By Kristen Simmons
Published By Tor Books (US)
UK Publisher not yet known!
Due For Release 14th February 2012
Amazon LINK
Goodreads LINK

"New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC have been abandoned.

The Bill of Rights has been revoked, and replaced with the Moral Statutes.

There are no more police — instead, there are soldiers. There are no more fines for bad behavior — instead, there are arrests, trials, and maybe worse. People who get arrested don’t usually come back.

17-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that things weren’t always this way. Living with her rebellious single mother, it’s hard to forget that people weren’t always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. That life in the United States used to be different.

In the three years since the war ended, Ember has perfected the art of keeping a low profile. She knows how to get the things she needs, like food stamps and hand-me-down clothes, and how to pass the random home inspections by the Federal Bureau of Reformation. Her life is as close to peaceful as circumstances allow. That is, until her mother is arrested for noncompliance with Article 5 of the Moral Statutes. And what’s worse, one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings…the only boy Ember has ever loved."


I heard about this a short while ago and have not stopped thinking about it since. This just sounds incredible, just the sort of book I search for all the time.  I think this is one valentines day I'll be eager to see!!!!

12 comments:

  1. Yeah great pick, I'm dying to read this one!

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one looks really good, I hadn't heard of it before. Nice pick :0)

    Sarah @ The Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this book cover around, but never read the synopsis until now. It sounds really awesome! I added it to my TBR list :)

    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this on a lot of people's wish list. I hope you enjoy it!

    My Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one's cover is pretty and dark. I haven't read the first one, but it is on my wishlist!
    Register Website

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great informative post and i really likes your information, most of the peoples are likes your blog because its having the good knowledge. thanks for your good informative post.website hostings



    web hosting

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, Thank you for this article!
    Web hosting

    ReplyDelete
  9. creative highs is the best advertising agency in Gurgaon.
    Advertising Agency

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am truly awed! Exceptionally astounding stuff you have posted here. Splendid post!!
    Zenyataa shoes

    ReplyDelete