Monday 24 January 2011

Review - Masquerade By Melissa De La Cruz

This week I got to start the second of the Blue Bloods books.  I really wasn't sure what to expect, as the first wasn't quite what I was hoping it would be.  I have to say I THOROUGHLY enjoyed this installment!!!

Again the cover first.  I adore the UK covers, which are what I have.  They are just that bit more sleeker in my opinion.  I adore the mask that is depicted on this one too - I'd happily wear that & trust me sometimes I could really do with a mask!!!  But although not to my taste the mask shown on the US addition is actually more accurate to the books depiction.  I've posted pictures of both covers - What do you think??

This installment started with a change of location to Italy - another of my most wanted places to visit, so I really enjoyed that.  Quite a bit of action & adventure ensued so it was a great way to jump into the book & story!

I love the dog companions that are in the books.  I adore dogs & have 5 of my own, so I always get a nice feeling when they are spoke of so fondly in books & on TV.  I do really worry for their safety though.  I know authors quite like to isolate their heroes & its said that loss makes characters stronger.  This may be true, but please not the dog that is all I ask!!!  Just to point out Beauty is safe & sound in this book, its just a concern of mine for future books.

The relationship between Jack & Mimi, I do kind of understand, but it makes me incredibly uncomfortable.  There are some things that just aren't right in my opinion & there affection is one of them.  But I have a strong feeling things will go right in the end - I hope!!


I adore the character of Ollie.  He is just the perfect friend - can I have one of him please??!

This finished with lots of revelations, that literally left me with my mouth WIDE open!!  Always amazing to have that reaction to a book don't you think!!  There's also a fabulous cliff hanger - I'm so eager to start the next part already!!!

Rating 4 Out Of 5

Published in the UK By ATOM

This Can Be Purchased HERE & In Good Bookshops

No comments:

Post a Comment